Thursday, July 2, 2009

'09 Free Agent Frenzy

Pretty interesting day I would say. Just a few of my random thoughts concerning the crazy events that took place:

-Cammalleri to Montreal. I really did think he would go to Toronto especially when the twins resigned with Vancouver, thought it was Burke's 'back-up' plan but whatever.. He's a Hab now and I really am sorry to see him go. Great sniper and I'm going to miss his slapshot on the PP. Best of luck in the east, Cammie. While we're on the subject... The Canadiens did pretty good for themselves eh? Gionta was interesting, who knows maybe he got tired of all the defence in Jersey. Always had a lot of respect for that guy, 5'7 and he manages to produce decent points against the monsters of todays NHL.


-Hossa and the Idiots in Chicago. Honestly, what were they thinking!? 12 years!? They are crazy. The guy is gonna be 42 before that sentence is up; these are the kind of moves organizations tend to regret a few years down the road... Especially when I imagine they are going to want to sign a few of their young stars to extensions. Like to see how Dale Tallon manages that.

-Khabibulin joins the Oilers.... I don't like it. All I can say is, I hope he has a career worst up there. No love.

-Gaborik to the Rangers. Think he will be a good fit and all.. If he plays more than 5 games.

-Knuble + Ovechkin + Backstrom = Pretty strong first line over in Washington. This guy will be just what they need in front of the net, along the boards, etc. Add some grit and such to the incredible skills the Caps already have up front. Let's just finish off them goalies... They have a hard enough time with Ovie's shot as it is let alone having a 6'3, 230 lbs wall of muscle in their face.

-Heatley... Did I hear groans...? What in the world is this man doing? What a lack of respect for the Sens and everyone else involved. I would keep him in Ottawa and just bench him for the season. Please, let him not come to Calgary.

-And finally.. Bouwmeester! I am quite happy with the signing and think he will fit in very well with our organization and hopefully under our new coach as well. Very quiet-spoken young man, and I really can't wait to see him out skating wearing the Flaming C on his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment/opinion!