Thursday, June 25, 2009

TRADE JOKINEN!

Alright. So Jokinen has to go. In a perfect world we never would have traded Lombardi and Prust for him in the first place.. But I won't get started on that. This is now. And I say his bald head and 5.5 million contract must be gone.

This is my idea. Nothing is perfect but hey, it's what I got so far.



Trade Olli Jokinen and Wayne Primeau to Columbus for Derick Brassard. The Jackets need a couple veterans (avg. age is 26) and might be able to find a use for another strong presence down the middle. And, of course they have the room. Brassard would add speed and youth (at a low price, for a little while anyway) and give us the cap space to sign the blue liners we need, or alternatively use it to sign Cammalleri.


Brassard, who was sidelined by a knee injury last season (which has been resolved) still managed to put up decent numbers in the 31 games he did play.
10 goals; 15 assists; +/- 12; 17 PIM.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I completely agree but it is highly unlikely. Regardless I dont have a huge amount to add but just though I would send a quick message to let you know it is always a delight to read a good Flames blog and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment/opinion!