Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ovie Speaks

All quotes by Alexander Ovechkin, wow, they make me laugh. Some of the best words ever spoken. What a great face for the NHL.

"That's hockey. You never know what's going to happen. It's a tough sport. No tooth, a broken nose, but I'm looking good [laughs]."

"I'm okay. Russian machine never breaks." (after being hit on the leg with a shot)

"I saw something white coming at me. I thought, 'Damn, he got me.'" (on the shaving cream incident)

"I saw the rebound and when the puck came to me, I said, oh my God, puck, I must shoot."
"Everybody in my country is jumping and drinking lots of vodka. We did it and we beat a great team." (following Russia's win over Canada at the Olympics)

"That was lucky. Best score, oh yeah. I just went down and try shoot and score goal. Clark came to me and said, 'You scored,' and I said, 'Wow.' I saw replay, it was beautiful." (on his 32nd goal)

"If I'm playing hockey, I want to win all the (trophies) I can."

"For me, it doesn't matter where I play. If coach says I must play goalie, I will play goalie."

"My weapon isn't my shot. It's me."

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment/opinion!