Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Losing points... Gaining...What exactly?

Just out of curiosity.. I decided to see exactly how much offense we let slip away from us via Free Agency, trades, etc. And in turn how much we brought in to fill the gap. The results were, lets say, interesting.

Calgary Flames Players NOT RETURNING Total Points: 198
Calgary Flames Players NEW ADDITIONS Total Points: 101

(And just to clarify, only NHL points were used in this little stat of mine.)

So what exactly are the Flames gaining from all of this? Please, please, let if be defensive responsibility!

Just something else here...

Calgary Flames Players NOT RETURNING Avg Age: 31.33

Calgary Flames Players NEW ADDITIONS and NEW CONTRACTS Avg Age: 25.23

So that's one good thing :)

3 comments:

  1. I understand they are building on their defence but I wonder who they think will step up and score...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Offence by committee!
    The best offence is a good defence!

    [insert other cliche related to lack of scoring here]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad someone's reading it haha
    I assume so, I think McGrattan is on a one-way deal so he'll probably spend most of his time filling in for injured players or will be inserted into the lineup when Brent thinks the team needs a boost of toughness. Maybe he's kind of like Roy last season and just a really good guy to have around in the room? I couldn't figure out if Murray is on a one-way or two-way deal, if he's on a two-way they could send him to Abbotsford but I don't know if he'd have to clear waivers...I don't really see where he would fit into the lineup on a regular basis unless we run into injury problems again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment/opinion!